Fair Oaks Ranch, situated east of the 14 freeway and predominantly north of Via Princessa in Canyon Country within the Santa Clarita Valley, is a well-regarded master planned community. Over time, Fair Oaks Ranch has earned a reputation as one of the most sought-after neighborhoods of Canyon Country .
We hope that by watching the video, perusing the report, and viewing the photos, our visitors will not only save time but also gain a deeper understanding and a stronger connection to the community.
Fair Oaks Quick Facts
Fair Oaks Ranch Community Video
Developed during the 2000s, Fair Oaks Ranch comprises a dozen well-positioned subdivisions, some of which border the picturesque Fair Oaks Park, the central focus of this community. There are also scenic mountain views that can be seen in multiple directions from most areas. Throughout, you’ll discover neighborhoods that are not only visually appealing but also meticulously maintained, exuding an unmistakable sense of home. In fact, some locals would contend that Fair Oaks Ranch can rival even the most popular neighborhoods in nearby Valencia.
With the exception of the condominiums in Heather Ridge, the neighborhoods predominantly consist of traditional detached homes ranging from approximately 1,800 to over 4,000 square feet. These homes typically come with 3 to 6 bedrooms, 2 or 3 car garages, and most offer both front and back yards, some quite large.
Fair Oaks Ranch really is quite lovely and generally, it feels like there’s little more elbow room than in some of the newer communities. Scroll down near the bottom to read brief descriptions on each of the neighborhoods.
Amenities in Fair Oaks Ranch
The recreational amenities vary depending on the specific neighborhood. Eight of the 12 neighborhoods grant their residents access to a fantastic recreational area, complete with a clubhouse, swimming pool, hot tub, inviting lounge areas, and a playground for the little ones.
Meanwhile, three neighborhoods offer a charming Private HOA park that includes sports courts, a playground, picnic spots, and more. Residents of the gated Heather Ridge condos enjoy their own private recreational facilities as well. Depending on the location, some homeowners even enjoy mountain views, right from their doorstep.
Fair Oaks Ranch Public Park
For everyone’s enjoyment, there’s the remarkable 6-acre Fair Oaks Ranch Public Park. Here, you’ll discover an expansive greenbelt, beautifully laid out trails, cooling shade trees, a basketball court, volleyball court, playgrounds, convenient restrooms, and so much more.
HOA Costs and Mello Roos
It’s worth noting that Fair Oaks Ranch features multiple Homeowners Associations, each with its monthly HOA costs. Additionally, some homes are subject to an annual Mello Roos.
Schools & Local Conveniences
There are 2 nearby elementary schools including the Fair Oaks Community School and Golden Oak Community School. Both serve the K-6 students. The closest junior high is La Mesa Jr. High and Golden Valley High School is just next door to La Mesa.
William S. Hart Unified School District administers all the high schools and junior high schools in Santa Clarita. We always recommend confirming all school boundary information with the school district as it’s continually changing.
Shopping and Entertainment
There’s plenty of nearby convenience shopping as well as grocery stores, pharmacies, fitness centers and automotive services. Costco is very close by. Just a few short miles away is a large shopping center that includes, Sam’s Club, Rattler’s Restaurant, Walmart, Dick’s Sporting Goods and more. There is also a movie theater in Canyon Country.
Nearby Santa Clarita attractions include the Aquatics Center, Castaic Lake, public and private golf courses and Six Flags Magic Mountain. It’s all just a short drive from Fair Oaks Ranch! See our Santa Clarita Communities Report for more information.
Homes for Sale in Fair Oaks Ranch of Canyon Country
If searching for a home in a terrific community, the neighborhoods in Fair Oaks Ranch are a solid option. Click the blue button to view current listings.
Fair Oaks Ranch Photo Gallery
See below a few of the photos we have taken while enjoying our time here in Fair Oaks Ranch.
Map of Neighborhoods in the Fair Oaks Ranch Vicinity
Overview of Homes
The first neighborhoods were built in around 2000 starting with the Cedar Creek and Hunters Ridge subdivisions. The Heathstone subdivision is the newest and finished up around 2008. Except for the Heather Ridge condominiums, all the neighborhoods consist of single family or detached homes. They range in size from about 1,800 SF found in Glen Brook, to over 4,000 SF, which can be found in the Fairmont neighborhood.
Confusion Over the “Fair Oaks Ranch” Community Name
It’s a bit confusing and it really does NOT matter, but everyone refers to all the neighborhoods shown on the map as Fair Oaks Ranch. This makes sense because as we enter the community the sign says “Fair Oaks Ranch”. The fact is, if you try searching for homes in the MLS using the term, “Fair Oaks Ranch in Canyon Country”, there will be no results. Why? Because the local MLS refers to this area as Canyon County 3. Problem is, only realtors are aware of the Canyon Country 3 name, leaving interested home searchers frustrated and confused. So, if doing a home search be sure to look up the correct term. All of us locals just call it what it is, “Fair Oaks Ranch”.
Here are some pictures of homes commonly found in the neighborhoods of Fair Oaks Ranch.
Descriptions of Neighborhoods in Fair Oaks Ranch
- Cedar Creek@Fair Oaks: Built around 2000, Cedar Creek consists of all single family homes sized from approximately 1,800 sq ft to 3,000 sq ft. Most homes are sized from 2,000 to 2,500 sq ft with 3 to 5 bedrooms. Always verify, but the homes here have an HOA cost and NO Mello Roos!
- Crestview: The houses here are sized large and almost all are over 3,000 sq ft with 5 or 6 bedrooms. Crestview was built from 2010 to 2013. There is a monthly HOA and annual Mello Roos.
- Fairmont: Mostly developed from 2006 to 2007, Fairmont is situated at the very top of the community. Most homes are sized from approximately 3,000 to 4,000 sq ft and come with 4 or 5 bedrooms. As with most neighborhoods here, there is a Mello Roos and HOA.
- Glen Brook: Developed in the early 2000’s, Glen Brook consists of homes sized from approximately 1,800 to 2,500 sq ft with 3 or 4 bedrooms. Near the 14 freeway. Yes, there is a HOA and Mello Roos.
- Hearthstone: Most of the homes here are sized from around 2,200 to 2,700 sq ft with 3 or 4 bedrooms. Built around 2006 or 2007. There is a low cost HOA but you’ll need to double check on the Mello Roos!
- Heather Ridge (Condos): This condo complex was built in 2007. The units are quite nice and sized from 1,022 to 1,339 sq ft with 2 or 3 bedrooms. Amenities include a gated entry, clubhouse, pool, hot tub, barbecue, sports courts and more.
- Hunters Ridge: Mostly built from 1999 to 2000, Hunters Ridge consists of single family homes sized from around 2,185 to 3,542 sq ft. Each home comes with 4 or 5 bedrooms with a few 3 bed homes here and there. There is a HOA and probably no Mello Roos. Be sure to VERIFY!
- Livesmart: A very small group of 4 bedroom homes built around 2012 sized from approximately 1,800 to 2,200 sq ft. Some have great views! The homes here also come with a Mello Roos and monthly HOA cost.
- Mayfair@Fair Oaks: This is the largest neighborhood Fair Oaks Ranch. Includes homes sized from approximately 1,846 up to 3,500 sq ft. Mostly built from 2004 to 2006. Yes, there is a monthly HOA and annual Mello Roos.
- Oak Crest: Includes large, 5 and 6 bedroom homes all sized over 3,000 sq ft. HOA, Yes. Mello Roos, Yes. If planning to buy, be sure to verify everything, including the possibility of other hidden bond assessments!
- Oak Glen@Fair Oaks: Built in the early 2000’s, this neighborhood consists of mostly 4 and 5 bedroom homes of various sizes. There is a HOA but have your agent double check the Mello Roos because some homes here might not have one. Or it may be due to expire!
- Woodglen: Developed from 2005 to 2007, Woodglen consists of 3 and 4 bedroom homes sized from 2,071 to 2,554 sq ft. There is a HOA and Mello Roos!