Home Selling Tips
As long time real estate agents, we fully understand the home selling process and the various roadblocks one might encounter as well as the most common questions. As a result, we have published an array of home selling tips containing answers to your questions. It is our hope the following information will help homeowners as they prepare to sell their homes.
The home selling tips below include topics having to do with getting ready to sell your home and the actual process of home sales, especially helpful if the home being sold is in Santa Clarita or other nearby communities.
Here are Your 12 Home Selling Tips
Today, we’re sharing a handy list of 21 essential questions to ask a realtor before selling. Due to real estate […]Read More
In this post we’ll explain the very basics of how you might sell your rental property now and pay taxes […]Read More
Don't Wait Until Spring to Prepare Your House for Selling
Selling and Moving is a Life Changing Event
Yes, selling your house can be overwhelming, but if you follow our home selling tips and work with an experienced local realtor, things will go much smoother. An experienced real estate agent can proactively anticipate potential roadblocks ahead to help insure all goes well. We have developed simple steps and done right, the selling process can be seamless.
We're happy to offer our home selling tips but we suggest not waiting until Spring to get ready. Start early by making your list and gathering your supplies, so you're ready to get started in time for the selling season. Homeowners who wait until spring to start “preparing” are already behind at the start. In fact, here in Santa Clarita, the busy real estate season begins ramping up by April. Homes that sell quickly and for the highest price are those where the homeowner already knew exactly how to get their house ready to sell and finished their preparations in advance.
Home Selling Tips Short List
- Make first impressions count by performing whatever maintenance as needed to the front yard to make it look appealing. Most potential home buyers will do a drive by, before even bothering to schedule a visit.
- Paint the exterior of your house, even if it's the same color, it's not too expensive to freshen things up with a good coat of paint. Once you finish the exterior paint, move on to the interior.
- Don't forget to remove any junk and clutter from both the inside and outside of your home.
- Before going overboard with expensive upgrades, talk to your real estate agent. He or she will probably advise you to hold back on any expensive upgrades.
- Give the inside of your home a full clean up. Scrub everything, from floor to ceiling.
- Remove bulky furniture. You'd be surprised how inexpensive to rent temporary storage and it really will make a difference when selling your home.
- Remove any unpleasant odors and make you home smell amazing.
- When it comes to marketing, just make sure the real estate agent you choose is also an expert in internet marketing for real estate.
- If you have pets, keep them away from your potential buyers touring your home.
- Remember, selling your home is very much like a business, so try to depersonalize the process as much as possible.
- If you selected a good agent to list and sell your home, he or she will proactively pave the way to success during the home selling process.
We hope our home selling tips will be helpful as you move forward with your plans. Selling a house is a major life changing event and making the decision to sell should not be taken lightly. Then, once making the decision to move forward there's much to do. Getting the home ready to sell and keeping it presentable for visitors is no easy task. All the while, you're out searching for a new home. Add in trying to time the process of moving out of your current home with moving in to your new home and it can easily complicate the process.
We have done our best to include all the necessary tips to show homeowner's exactly how to get their house ready to sell, but we're always available to answer your questions or provide representation for selling your home.
Please know, when contacting us there's NEVER any sales pressure whatsoever and we're happy to be of service. Contact your local realtors Matt & Meray Gregory at 661-713-4799.