New Housing Developments in Santa Clarita
Introduction to New Developments in Santa Clarita
Discover new housing developments in Santa Clarita! Click on the adjacent communities tab to view our list of new communities in progress within or nearby Santa Clarita. We also provide helpful links to our own first hand reports with photos and videos for nearly all new communities in SCV.
If serious about buying a brand new home we highly suggest working with your own realtor. Of course, we'd love to work for you but if not us, find a highly experienced, full time agent and avoid working directly with the developer's sales representative. It costs you nothing to have us represent you and as experienced REALTORS® we will guide you every step of the way. We know ALL the questions to ask so you get the answers needed to make accurate and informed decisions. Even better, it costs you nothing and we'll help you SAVE!
You should find all the information needed to get you started finding new housing here in Santa Clarita. Should you have any questions, please feel free to call or text Matt & Meray Gregory. 661-713-4799. If you prefer, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Housing Developments in Santa Clarita
We currently have a number of new housing communities here in Santa Clarita. Some of are complete and some are nearly ready for sales. Others are just getting started.
- Five Knolls: Located on both sides of Golden Valley Road and just north of Newhall Ranch Road. This new housing development consists of a number of different neighborhoods or tracts, each built by a different builder. The most recent group of homes for sale are at the Galloway 55+ community
- Aliento: A terrific new, rustic community located on the east side of the 14 freeway. There are five different neighborhoods, one of which is the Verano 55+ community. This Aliento project is mostly complete but it looks as though there is one more subdivision to build out.
- Newhall Ranch: A huge project with the first phase now in progress. First set of homes should be ready later in 2021 or sometime in 2022.
- Skyline: A new development of lovely homes located at the east edge of Plum Canyon and built by Pardee Homes and TriPoint.
- Highlands: A new development coming soon in Tesoro. The rough grading is now in progress! Project includes 460, large single family homes and another 360 homes for the 55+ crowd. We will be publishing a special report for this community very soon!
- Vista Canyon: This is a unique development of a community of convenience with over 240 detached homes in Canyon Country and should be ready in late 2020. We have toured a number of times and created a Vista Canyon page, filled with interesting information and photos.
- West Creek: There are two recent developments in Valencia West Creek. First, we have new condos in Paloma built by Tri Point Homes. The other is Avanti and it consists of single family homes developed by Lennar. Both are outstanding builders and we all know West Creek is a terrific community.
- Concord at River Village: New condos built by Lennar and expected to be complete in July of 2020.
- Williams Ranch: 497 new homes in Castaic now being developed by Williams Homes and model homes should be available to tour in late 2021.
- Toll Brothers at Plum Canyon: Includes 4 neighborhoods called Mirabelle, Avalon, Sierra and Victoria neighborhoods, all built by Toll Brothers and located in Plum Canyon of Santa Clarita. Mirabelle and Avalon are complete. The new gated neighborhoods of Sierra and Victoria are under construction but models are ready to tour.
This information is constantly changing, but we keep this page updated as we learn of any new developments. Should you have any questions feel free to call or text Matt & Meray at 661-713-4799.
A Word About the Valencia FivePoint Project
The Valencia FivePoint development was originally known as Newhall Ranch. This is a huge project and we expect the first few models to be available for tours later in 2021. We know the builder is committed to making the community one of the most environmentally sustainable communities in the nation.
Popular Builders Active in Santa Clarita
There are several builders of Santa Clarita housing developments and of course, this list is constantly changing. As local Santa Clarita realtors, we tour all the new developments and honestly, they are all terrific! Although incomplete, here's is a list of some active local builders.
- Toll Bros
- KB Homes
- Meritage Homes
- Williams Homes
- Brookfield Residential
- TriPoint Builders
If you are a developer or builder here in the Santa Clarita vicinity and would like your company added to our list, please send us an email and we'll add your name and project to our list. Send an email to, email@example.com
Hew Home Listings
New Homes on the Market Built from 2017 to the Present
The listings below will include some brand new and never lived in homes, but others could be resales. If you are interested in buying a resale for a nearly brand new home, we suggest asking lots of questions and try to find out exactly why it's being sold.
HOA's & Taxes
What to Know About HOA's and Mello Roos
If you're planning to buy a brand new home be sure to consider the additional costs for monthly HOA dues and Mello Roos Tax, if any.
Did you know, some communities have an HOA but there are no usable amenities. Yep, you pay your monthly dues and it helps cover the cost common area maintenance only. Thankfully, most communities have terrific amenities including pools, spas, tennis etc. Some HOA's are quite expensive and others are very reasonable.
Most new housing developments in Santa Clarita come with a Mello Roos Tax and this must be considered into your home loan equation. The costs can be surprising high, so be prepared and be sure to verify all costs BEFORE making an offer to buy. We have seen numerous deals fall through because the buyers representative did not have the foresight to VERIFY everything prior to making an offer to buy. If you have a real estate agent from outside of Santa Clarita, be very careful. They often do not take these costs seriously and the deal ends up falling through.
Exact Cost for Mello Roos NOT Readily Available in New Developments
Another problem is, in new housing developments it's nearly impossible to determine the exact Mello Roos annual costs, if any. The best you will get is an approximate percentage amount from the sales representative. The truth is, no one really knows the exact amount until the property is sold and the recording is on file at the LA County Assessors Office. Usually the percentage provided is reliable.
Use Caution When Visiting New Developments
When visiting a new housing development for the first time, be sure to take us with you. If you go alone and sign in at the sales office, you will NOT be able to buy a home in that development using your own agent! I don't know about you, but when making a major home purchase, I prefer to have my own representation looking out for my best interest, as opposed to the developers sales agents. Also, it costs you absolutely nothing for your own representation and there are so many benefits.
Benefits of Working With Us When Buying a Home in a New Development
When you work with us you can rest easy knowing you have an added layer of protection. Remember, the developers representative are sales people and it's their job to sell! Of course, they will talk up the positive and avoid the negative. Unless you know the right questions to ask, it's not likely they will offer up the answers you need to make accurate and informed decisions.
Thankfully, we have a great deal of local knowledge and throughly investigate all new developments in our area. We'll provide your with all the positive AND negative aspects of each community, the neighborhoods, homes, amenities, local conveniences and more. We will be with you when you tour the community and meet with the sales agents. Then, if you decide to buy, we'll help protect your best interests and guide you, every step of the way. All this, and it costs you $0!
CAUTION: Often, in new developments the sales agents will NOT accept your offer to buy a brand new home if is contingent upon the sale of your current home. Alternatively, they may offer to buy your home. As you probably know, they are not doing this to be kind. If you agree, you will in fact take a hit on your sale, and it could be as much as 20%!
Example: The fair market value of your home is $600,000. 20% of that is $120,000. Heck, even if it's just $40K, do you really want to get $40,000 less? This is your hard earned equity and you must protect it! Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! If you have a good lender/realtor team and do some proper planning, you can get your home sold fast and for the highest price. Then you'll be in position to buy that brand new home, without taking a financial hit!
Contact Matt & Meray
As experienced REALTORS® we'll ask the right questions and make sure you have all the information needed to make accurate and informed decisions. Contact us today and we'll take you on a tour of all new developments in our area! Matt & Meray Gregory: 661-713-4799
We are always available to talk and there's NEVER any sales pressure, whatsoever. We are realtors, brokers AND lifetime locals. As active realtors we have represented many others to buy homes in new housing developments.
Please complete the form below and we'll get back to you very soon!
Matt & Meray Gregory
As realtors/brokers, AND life long Santa Clarita residents we have a great deal of experience representing clients to buy homes in new housing developments.
Let us help you get started today.
Your New Housing Expert REALTORS®
If you feel like this page provided you with useful information, please share it with your friends.
It costs you nothing to work with us as your buyers agent and even better, Matt Gregory is a longtime Accredited Buyers Representative.
Why use your own buyers agent?
- Protecting your best interest is our #1 concern.
- Save Money
- Avoid surprises
- Avoid roadblocks
- Minimize stress
- Yes, we know the seller's tricks!
- It costs you $0 for us to represent you. We are paid by the seller.
Contact us with any questions you might have about buying a brand new home.
Download Our FREE Home Search App. Super simple to use and works perfectly on all mobile phones and tablets!