Links to Home Buying Resources
If buying a home anytime soon, we’ve published an array of posts intended to help buyers prepare for what lies ahead.
Explore Helpful Home Buying Information & Resources
Answers to Common Home Buying Questions
The process of buying a home often begins with excitement, but sometimes it ends up being a chore. As always, good, proactive planning will help smooth out the process. Here are some quick answers to a few common questions.
- How much are you willing to pay when buying a home? Before starting the home buying process, be sure to determine the amount you’re willing and able to spend.
- Should I obtain pre approval for a home loan in advance? Yes, absolutely! Obtaining your loan pre approval will help you know the amount you can afford to pay and you can submit your pre approval with any home purchase offers. Without pre approval your offers won’t be taken seriously.
- How much does it cost to work with a real estate agent to provide representation when buying a home? In most instances, the agent is paid by the seller, so it costs the buyer $0. We suggest checking out this helpful post if planning to choose a friend as your Realtor.
- Should I buy a home based on location or price? It’s always best to decide on several different neighborhoods you might be interested in living before starting your home search. Research the neighborhoods, check out the shared amenities, proximity to schools and other local conveniences. To help you save time, we’ve published extensive reports on most neighborhoods in Santa Clarita.
- How far ahead should I plan to live in the home I buy? 5 to 10 years. Be sure to plan for the future!
- How to make best use of time when searching for homes to buy? Install our Gregory Real Estate Group home search app on your phone or use our web based home search. Better yet, work with us and we’ll notify you when homes meeting your criteria come on the market.
- What are the most common additional costs buyers should watch for when purchasing a home? There are many, but if buying in Santa Clarita, watch out for hidden bond assessments such as Mello Roos. Also beware of rising property insurance costs.
- How to avoid having your offer rejected? Look at homes that are priced slightly below the amount you are willing to spend. This will allow you the flexibility to make an offer above the listing price. The more popular homes often sell for MORE that the asking price.
Accredited Buyer Representatives
Having access to our homebuyer resources is a good start, but when it’s finally time to buy and you’re ready to work with an agent, contact us to schedule a consultation. We are Matt & Meray Gregory and we both have earned ABR REALTOR® designations. You can rest assured we have the experience and training to provide expert representation while helping you make accurate and informed decisions.
Sometimes there are pitfalls along the road to buying home, but by following our simple step by step process, we can help you make the process easier and faster than ever before.
If you’re not quite ready to buy, it’s a good idea to view our many of posts and pages filled with tips and tricks to help you with buying a home. Even so, if you want to buy one quickly and efficiently, we encourage you to team up with us sooner rather than later. By choosing Matt & Meray as your real estate agents, your path to home ownership will be well planned and efficient!
Buying a Home With Matt & Meray
Buying a home is an exciting time for all of us, but finding reliable information and resources can be frustrating. As you can see above, we’ve provided links to plenty of helpful tips and advice to help answer the most common questions about buying a home in today’s market.
By choosing us as your real estate agents, your path to home ownership will be well planned, efficient and we’ll have your back every step of the way!
Call or Text Matt & Meray Gregory at 661-713-4799